Principal Curtailment Program
This program is designed to assist homeowners that are in pursuit of a HARP 2.0 refinance.
Qualified homeowners can receive a principal curtailment of up to $50,000. In order to receive the
benefit, the homeowner must pursue Nevada Hardest Hit Fund assistance prior to closing on their HARP
2.0 refinance. Nevada Hardest Hit Fund assistance must be applied during the loan closing.
- Legal US Resident
- Home is currently owner occupied
- Hardship Affidavit
- Pre-assistance mortgage principal must exceed 100% loan-to-value based upon valuation obtained
by Nevada Hardest Hit Fund or Servicer
- Post-assistance principal balance must fall between 100% - 150% loan-to-value based upon
valuation obtained by Nevada Hardest Hit Fund or ServicerBorrower must be facing imminent default (no contrived defaults)
- Homeowner must have a loan origination date prior to 05/31/2009
- Mortgage balance must not exceed $417,000
Homeowners that receive benefit assistance are required to own and occupy the subject
property for 2 years following the date assistance was initiated. You will be required to sign a
promissory note for the amount of assistance received. This note bears zero percent interest
and is forgiven over a two year period which commences when assistance is provided.
For more information, call toll-free 1 (855)428-HELP (4357).